10. The Economy Sucks and daddy needs a new gig.
9. Thanks to Obama I am not going to have to pay back all this money for tuition.
8. Having a wife to do your homework.
7. You can blame the kids for “destroying” your assignments instead of the dog.
6. No co-eds or is that a negative.
5. Don’t getting carded as much to buy beer.
4. Don’t have to justify bad grade to mom and dad.
3. Having a wife to clean up after your mess.
2. Not getting pick on for being the smallest of the group anymore.
1. Finally being one of the smartest kids in the class.
School as an adult that has been on the ups and downs of life is much different than being in school just out of high school. Being older is just that–being old. I know 36 is not all that old but I don’t have the same ability to go days on end with not enough sleep. I will say being in school now as an adult does have more value. For one thing I actually want to learn and for another I see the value in what I am learning. It is more than just getting a good grade; it is more about gaining from the time spent and effort put forth.
One of my first classes in my Internet Marketing program was Creative Writing. Now, I have never fancied myself as a writer and to my surprise I did well in the class. However, the thing I struggled with was getting my grades for my assignment was not the grade, of which I got an A+: it was the lack of suggestion of how I could have done better. Come on lets be real, everyone has room to improve and I am no exception, so getting comments like “Great Job” just did not do it for me. I am in school to learn, to improve, and to grow. Not to have a teacher just say great job and nothing else. When I was younger I would have taken the A and run. Now I want more, I want to become the best I can be. It’s funny how things change.